Skip to main content

My Craft Business

It’s been amazing to be a part of Kigezi Tours in Kabale, western Uganda. I have worked with the organization for three years as a volunteer and that is my pride to work. I came up with an idea of starting a craft business within Kigezi Tours because many guests who come to Patsy's Crafts need African crafts to remember their trip in Uganda. I had started it on a small scale because I had little capital but now I’m able to supply crafts for at least a group of 50 people who come and stay at the Kigezi Tours apartment complex in Kabale. I have learned how to make some of the crafts like weaving hand baskets, knitting decorative flower designs that actually have made me live my life. I always encourage young people to be creative and learn to discover many things in other to earn a living. I call upon the organizations, groups and individuals who need African crafts from Uganda to visit my website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Patsy's Organic Peanut Butter

Hello! I'm excited to post my second blog post, on how to make my organic peanut butter! From the beginning of the process to the final product, it takes a maximum of an hour and thirty minutes to make my peanut butter. However, this depends on the quantity of peanuts and ingredients I have. I've been using the same process since my childhood, when I began making peanut butter. Making peanut butter is a part of our informal education in Uganda; though it was not taught in school, it was a crucial part of my learning at home from my elders. My mother taught me how to cook starting at the age of 6 years old, including this peanut butter recipe I've detailed below! Gather the ingredients, including peanuts and simsim (sesame) seeds.  Clean the peanuts and simsim, and sort them.  Roast or fry the simsim and peanuts. In Uganda, we use charcoal stoves, however no matter what heat source you're using you need to use a medium heat to roast or fry the seeds to avoid bu

Entrepreneur

ENTREPRENEUR Is a person who takes the risk of starting a new organization or introducing a new idea, product or service to society. HOW I BECAME AN ENTREPRENEUR. 1 It was my personal idea and the interest I developed for business and taking risks with the aim of making profit. Any person who assumes risks of any business and therefore owns the business enterprise is an entrepreneur, irrespective of the size and mode of the business. 2 It does not need big amounts of money to start a business but one thing you must know is to be satisfied with what you have, be sure of your self. The social environment must be good and learn to tolerate hard situations no matter the circumstances may be . 3 Don’t always wait for somebody to give you instructions since it is your personal idea, but you can always consult where necessary to be in the right positions. 4 Right from the beginning, avoid bad groups by all means because not every body is happy of what you are doing. Good fri